Earlier today, we notified between 35-40 students who applied to the Tisch School of the Arts and Meyers College of Nursing that we could offer them admission. Those students were alerted to check their NYU Albert account online to view their admission decision and to confirm their enrollment at NYU.
At this point, it still too early to tell if we will have additional spaces. I will provide an update on this blog as the spring progresses into summer but a few updates now:
- If your interest in NYU is burning, the best way to advocate for yourself is to provide whatever information you want us to consider on our wait list response form, which has ample space to express your interest in NYU and to add any additional information you want us to consider.
- We strongly discourage against submitting ANY new materials and/or recommendations. So many students send us emails and letters expressing their interest in NYU when, in fact, the wait list response form above is the only additional item we review (along with one’s application materials) when determining who to admit from the wait list. Of course, if admitted, we will also want to review your final transcript.
- Before emailing or calling with questions about how our wait list works, please review our wait list FAQ here. Roughly 10-15% of our applicant pool was offered a space on our wait list. By May 1, we expect fewer than half of these students will agree to be on our wait list. We will then re-evaluate those candidates in the event any space is available in our freshman class. The wait list is not ranked and we cannot predict how many students will eventually be offered admission. The number has ranged from 0 to 500+ in recent years.
- For some programs, we have exhausted NYU scholarships and we may need to be “need-aware” in making decisions about who to admit from the wait list.
- Out of fairness to all, we do not set up appointments with students on the wait list. Again, instead of visiting or sending new materials, please make use of our wait list response form above.
We know that it can and will be frustrating to wait for us. A waiting list can feel like purgatory. You haven’t been admitted. You haven’t been denied. The wait can sometimes be unbearable. Patience will be essential.
If we have space in any of our programs on any of our campuses, we will do everything possible to consider you until the very end. But the end may be as late as August 1.
August 1?! Yes, August 1. While there is absolutely no expectation that you wait for us until August 1, it may, in fact, take through the months of May, June, and July for us to know if any space will materialize. You can remove your name from our wait list at any time and we would encourage you to do so at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We only want you to remain on the waiting list for as long as you have interest in NYU.
We wish you the best with your options for next year and we will be in touch as soon as possible.